Vacancy: Community Manager (6 month contract)
This is a multi-faceted role and the ideal candidate is a dynamic, passionate and motivated professional with 1 to 2 years experience. Having a passion for animation, games, and media will help. You will work closely with the entire team, and be exposed to all aspects of the creative, technical and business process.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and is able to develop engaging content. You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community.
Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and our clients’ brands and manage all community communications.
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency
- Liaise with technical departments to stay updated on new products and features
- Log and process faults from our support desk
- Build relationships with our online community
- Update FAQs
- Weekly reporting
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies
- Proven work experience as a community manager
- Computer literate
- Problem solving and decision-making ability
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
Please note that this is for a 6 month contract only.
Please email your CV and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Imagine that you have a savings account with an interest rate of 1% per year, while inflation annually is running at 2%, writes Glenn Gillis, CEO, Sea Monster. After one year, with the money in this account, would you be able to buy more than you could today, less or exactly the same?Read More
In order for South Africa’s economy to transition to keep up with 4IR developments, Glenn Gillis, CEO of Sea Monster, explains that we need to scale our creative economy.Read More