Sea Monster is looking for an Experience Designer to join our adventurous crew.
What the job entails:
- Working on Serious Games (for mobile and sometimes web), Augmented Reality Apps, Virtual Reality Experiences, and Animation Projects
- Converting client requirements and learning outcomes into full end-to-end solutions
- Delivering solutions by applying user-centred design techniques
- Being a part of the Sea Monster leadership team
The hard skills:
- A relevant tertiary degree or diploma
- At least 5 years working experience
- Around 3 years experience working in a design capacity (business analysis, user experience, industrial design, etc)
- 2 years experience designing mobile apps
- You need to be comfortable working at a strategic level
- Experience delivering client presentations
- You’ll need to be comfortable using design tools (wire framing, presentation tools, etc)
- Experience with estimation and sizing solutions
- The ability to balance your focus on external client projects and internal Sea Monster projects
The soft skills:
- Time management! You will be working across multiple projects at the same time and will need to be able to manage your priorities and time accordingly.
- Strong critical thinking skills. You will need to deal with project complexities and dependencies and be able to problem solve.
- The ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team. You be working with software developers, graphic designers, animators, artists, and project managers.
- Business development skills. You will need to present concepts and proposals, to assist in a pre-sales capacity.
- Mentoring and skills development; Helping to scale Sea Monster and skill future designers up.
Advantageous skills and experience:
- Game design experience
- Exposure to serious games, Augmented Reality and/or Virtual Reality experiences
- Understanding of gamification and/or behavioural economics
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Quality Assurance and Testing skills
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Understanding of Storytelling Fundamentals
- Experience in teaching or creating learning material
- Art Direction Skills
- Understanding of Digital Art production processes (2D and 3D)
- Understanding of Animation production processes
Please email your letter of motivation and CV (max 3 pages please) to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin your adventure with us!
Sea Monster provides turnkey virtual reality development services and other virtual technologies. Experience design and 3D modelling to application development and beyond. Our experienced team of engineers, designers & artists create cutting-edge interactive content across all platforms.Read More
An interactive session hosted by South African singer, actress, inspirational speaker and Sea Change Project Ambassador, Zolani Mahola, and featuring local film industry specialists.Read More
Consumer brands and enterprise B2B vendors must understand and get ready for augmented reality. These technologies will play an important part in digital transformation efforts of many organisations. Sea Monster has been developing award-winning and highly-innovative interactive experiences using Augmented Reality since 2011, and is widely regarded as one of the leading AR studios in Africa.Read More