Animation |April 11, 2018
Sea Monster is looking for an Experience Designer to join our adventurous crew.
What the job entails:
- Working on Serious Games (for mobile and sometimes web), Augmented Reality Apps, Virtual Reality Experiences, and Animation Projects
- Converting client requirements and learning outcomes into full end-to-end solutions
- Delivering solutions by applying user-centred design techniques
- Being a part of the Sea Monster leadership team
The hard skills:
- A relevant tertiary degree or diploma
- At least 5 years working experience
- Around 3 years experience working in a design capacity (business analysis, user experience, industrial design, etc)
- 2 years experience designing mobile apps
- You need to be comfortable working at a strategic level
- Experience delivering client presentations
- You’ll need to be comfortable using design tools (wire framing, presentation tools, etc)
- Experience with estimation and sizing solutions
- The ability to balance your focus on external client projects and internal Sea Monster projects
The soft skills:
- Time management! You will be working across multiple projects at the same time and will need to be able to manage your priorities and time accordingly.
- Strong critical thinking skills. You will need to deal with project complexities and dependencies and be able to problem solve.
- The ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team. You be working with software developers, graphic designers, animators, artists, and project managers.
- Business development skills. You will need to present concepts and proposals, to assist in a pre-sales capacity.
- Mentoring and skills development; Helping to scale Sea Monster and skill future designers up.
Advantageous skills and experience:
- Game design experience
- Exposure to serious games, Augmented Reality and / or Virtual Reality experiences
- Understanding of gamification and/or behavioural economics
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Quality Assurance and Testing skills
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Understanding of Storytelling Fundamentals
- Experience in teaching or creating learning material
- Art Direction Skills
- Understanding of Digital Art production processes (2D and 3D)
- Understanding of Animation production processes
Please email your letter of motivation and CV (max 3 pages please) to email@example.com to begin your adventure with us!
We are on the lookout for a developer to join our team in Cape Town at our new offices in Zonnebloem! Read below for more details.Read More
Facebook, in partnership with Sea Monster hosted its first local workshop for developers, marketers, and other creative minds working in the digital sector to teach them how to expertly use Spark AR in their work.Read More